The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 6,900 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 12 years to get that many views.
Thank you SO much Life’s Happy Rants for my very second Award – The Sunshine Blog Award! Life’s Happy Rants
And here I am, passing it on to you all! You all have inspired me creatively with my art and writing! Thank you all!
So the rules are as follows:
1) Include the award Logo(s) in a post or in your blog.
2) Answer 10 question about your self.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know they are nominated.
5) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Favorite Color: Yellow, Mustard, anything shiny and bright!
Favorite Animal: Cat (yup, I’m boring like that).
Favorite Number: 11 (no reason, it’s just so symmetrical).
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: COFFEE!!! More specifically Iced Caramel Macchiato
Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Well, I don’t have a twitter… Note to self: get a Twitter account!
My Passion: Travel with a side of Art and a sprinkling of cooking, blogging, and all things outdoors!
Prefer getting or giving presents: Giving certainly. See earlier blog by myself The Art of Gift Giving… and Receiving
Favorite Pattern: Huh? That’s a silly question.
Favorite day of the week: Saturday: no work, no school, ‘nough said.
Favorite Flower: Tulips!
The Nominees that follow (in no particular order)!
How has blogging affected my life? A fully comprehensive list.
1. I found myself wanting to add photos to a book review that I’m doing for a class to make it more interesting. Lol. I don’t think that my professor will count the photographs as part of the final page count.
2. I find myself looking at life as if it is a story. How could I tell this story to entertain my followers? (At this point I want to thank my current 78 followers for sticking with me for over a month!)
3. I wake up and read your blogs in the morning instead of Facebook. Facebook is a gossipy black hole where my free time goes to die. At least I learn about famous artists, traveling, or general advice from my lovely WordPress friends.
4. I’d say that my writing skills have improved, but that’d be a lie. I hope that after I’ve blogged for more than a month that I would see an improvement in my written communication skills.
Ok, so I could only think of 4-ish. It’s not a long list, but I love sharing my thoughts and artwork with you guys so I will continue to blog and see where this leads me! Have an excellent Thursday everyone!
Leaving for work is hard when I’ve got a cup of coffee in my hand and my newwest blog idea in my brain waiting to be shared. But alas, I have to actually make money to live so that I can share said life with you. Enjoy your amazing Sunday, friends! Start the day off right! Smile. Make yourself be cheerful the first time that you find yourself wanting to be cross. And if that doesn’t work, scroll down on my main blog page and play with my little fish pond that I uploaded last night. You can click to feed the fishes! Also they will follow your mouse around.
And if you’d like one of your own, here’s the link. You’re welcome! Fish Pond Creator
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Finally the 7 things about me that you may or may not have known.
1. I studied Art, Nursing, and Archaeology in college
2. I practiced as a nurse for a year and one half and most certainly did not like it
3. I have been to 14 countries
4. I am married and do not have any kids… yet… ;P
5. I would love to make a living as an artist someday
6. I am studying art and graphic design right now
7. I love to read!
This morning starts my second week as a blogger and all around sharer-of-my-art-knowledge. I am terribly excited that I have already snatched up several followers and managed to pull over 100 views on a single day. I don’t know much about blogging (you may know this about me already, teehee) but I received more attention in this first week than I had hoped for. I love it that there are people out in the world who are willing to let me share my art with! You have raised my hopes world!
Here’s your prize, world, for making my first week amazing! Two photos from my European Tour 10 years ago. (More photos to come later).