Here’s a photo of my painting one of the many paintings available to purchase for The Thanksgiving Art Project! Check out the link here or the one above to learn more about how you can support The Thanksgiving Art Project.
Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
The Thanksgiving Art Project is a project that I created to raise money for a charity fighting Ebola. Please click on the link in the bar above or the one here to read more. I have over 40 paintings for sale on my Etsy for those of you who’d like to participate. The above painting is one of the pieces for sale.
I started making this quilt awhile ago, probably several years ago. I picked out the colors, cut out the squares and packed it all up and put it into storage. It seemed simple enough to start with but I quickly realized that it was going to take too much time and patience, which are things I didn’t have in great quantities.
Recently I was cleaning out my art room so I could upgrade it into a baby nursery and I found my lovely little quilt squares. At this point in my life, full of pregnancy fatigue and such, I realized that I have lots of time and would love to work on a project that is somewhat slow and tedious. So here’s where I started…
1. I sewed the blues and purples together and ironed them flat.
2. I cut the extra off the sides so they will be easier to sew together.
3. Then I drew a light pencil line on the back of the yellows making sure to lay them out properly. Notice that in one of these photos is an example of what my finished squares will look like.
4. Stack them up in a pretty pile.
5. Sew a 1/4 inch on both side of the pencil line.
6. Check to make sure it looks right before cutting them apart.
And that’s where I stopped for the day. So I learned that while I’m pregnant I don’t have the energy for my normal activities, but there are still fun things to do besides watching TV and laying on the couch. :)
My husband has always wanted an ottoman type of thing for our living room. But since we are both in school we do not have a ton of extra money to spare on furniture. So when a friend at work said that she was selling her ugly, old coffee table for $5 I snatched it up promptly.
I was pleased to find out that this table was built with a really strong wood and would definitely be strong enough for a bench.
The first step was to remove the weird railing from the edge.
Then we had to sand down the legs and spray paint them outside.
After the several coats of spray paint we had to put the 3 inch foam and the cotton batting and the fabric on with a staple gun that we borrowed from a friend. We also had to drill holes in the wood to sew on the buttons. The end result was an amazing bench!